Thursday 23 August 2012

Models of the Universe- Copernicus

Models of the Universe

Diary Entry 1

Dear Diary,
I, Nicolaus Copernicus, have decided to share my research with close friends, my Model of the Universe, my model outlines that the sun is the centre, completely disproving the geocentric model, that the earth was the centre of the universe, my Heliocentric model clearly shows that the Sun is in the centre with the Earth Orbiting it.
This Model disproves all previous geocentric models. And i am intrigued to continue my work for more detail.
http://www.math.brown.edu/~banchoff/STG/ma8/papers/mcecil/images/copernicus.jpg
Copernicus's Heliocentric model (Translated)






Diary Entry 2

Dear Diary,
I had basically completed my work on the manuscript of De revolutionibus orbium coelestium (On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres), although I don’t want to Publicize my work, as it would cause controversy with the past Geocentric model, although, Johann Albrecht Widmannstetter has outlined my theories in several Lectures in Rome, and a Cardinal from Rome, Nikolaus von Schönberg, wrote me a letter detailing his regards about my Model and Theory of Heliocentrism, and how he would like to get to know more of my Model and everything that is relevant to this subject.

Diary Entry 3

Dear Diary,
I have 7 detailed assumptions
1.    Celestial bodies do not all revolve around a single point
2.   The centre of Earth is the centre of the lunar sphere, the orbit of the moon around the Earth
3.   All the spheres rotate around the Sun, which is near the centre of the Universe
4.   The distance between the Earth and the Sun is an insignificant fraction of the distance from the Earth and Sun to the stars
5.   The stars are immovable, their apparent daily motion is caused by the daily rotation of the Earth
6.   Earth is moved in a sphere around the Sun, causing the apparent annual migration of the Sun.
7.   Earth's orbital motion around the Sun causes the seeming reverse in direction of the motions of the planets.
These ideas support my Heliocentric models and my Heliocentrism theories, The current Model of the solar system shown below shows that I was correct with the Heliocentric model I Find that my model accurately details the Earth and Sun’s orbit in the solar system, and the current Idea also sides with my Model, Rather then the Geocentric model.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/00/Solar_System_size_to_scale.svg/300px-Solar_System_size_to_scale.svg.png
Current Solar System's Model




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Diary Entry 4

Dear Diary,
My Model was correct, although the technology I had at the time was not enough to accurately give precise readings, and so my work could be greatly, and has been greatly upgraded to include all details of the model of the solar system, this model includes asteroid belts and the order of all planets in our system, and it has detailed to precision the rotation of all planets and how long it takes each planet to completely rotate around the Sun, if I had the technology that is currently available, I would study the patterns and planets orbits. and i would also follow Kepler's Law of planetary motion, to have the planets orbiting in an ellipse around the sun and that planets closer to the sun move faster then the planets away from the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment